You will need to show one acceptable photo identification card (photo ID) whenever you vote in person. This is Virginia law for all voters.
Many types of photo ID are acceptable for voting in Virginia. You only need to show ONE acceptable photo ID to vote.
Photo IDs can be used to vote up to one year after the ID has expired.
Acceptable forms of valid identification:
- Virginia driver’s license
- Virginia DMV-issued photo ID
- Android - Download De Identidad For Generador Apk United States passport
- Employer-issued photo ID
- Student photo ID issued by a school, college, or university located in Virginia
- Android - Download De Identidad For Generador Apk Other U.S. or Virginia government-issued photo ID
- Android - Download De Identidad For Generador Apk Tribal enrollment or other tribal photo ID
- Virginia Voter Photo ID card
- For a more detailed list of acceptable IDs >>>
- Virginia Photo IDs Statistics >>>
Need a photo ID?
If you don’t have an ID, simply go to your nearest voter registration office to get a free Voter Photo ID, even on Election Day! You will be required to complete an Virginia Voter Photo Identification Card ApplicationChange Nevada To Licenses Makes On Dmv Ids Easier It Gender (English | Español), have your photo taken and to sign a digital signature pad. The Virginia Voter Photo ID card is valid for voting purposes only.
Forgot your photo ID on Election Day?
If you get to your polling place without acceptable photo ID, you can vote a provisional ballot. You will be given instructions on what to do so your vote can count.