The following documents are acceptable forms of identification:
- A valid Colorado driver’s license or valid identification card issued by the Colorado Department of Revenue. (Note: documents issued to not lawfully present and temporarily lawfully present individuals under Part 5 of Article 2 of Title 42, C.R.S. are not acceptable forms of identification.)
- A valid U.S. passport.
- A valid employee identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. government or of Colorado, or by any county, municipality, board, authority, or other political subdivision of Colorado.
- A valid pilot’s license issued by the federal aviation administration or other authorized agency of the U.S.
- A valid U.S. military identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector.
- A copy of a current (within the last 60 days) utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the elector.
- A Certificate of Degree of Indian or Alaskan Native Blood.
- A valid Medicare or Medicaid card issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- A certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate for the elector.
- Certified documentation of naturalization.
- A valid student identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by an institute of higher education in Colorado, as defined in section 23-3.1-102(5), C.R.S..
- A valid veteran identification card issued by the U.S. department of veterans affairs veterans health administration with a photograph of the eligible elector.
- A valid identification card issued by a federally recognized tribal government certifying tribal membership.
Any form of identification listed above that shows your address must show a Colorado address to qualify as an acceptable form of identification.
The following documents are also considered acceptable forms of identification for voting:
- Verification that a voter is a resident of a group residential facility, as defined in section 1-1-104(18.5), C.R.S.
- Verification that a voter is a person committed to the department of human services and confined and eligible to register and vote shall be considered sufficient identification of such person for the purposes of section 1-2-210.5, C.R.S.
- Written correspondence from the county sheriff or his or her designee to the county clerk indicating that a voter is confined in a county jail or detention facility.
The following are NOT acceptable forms of identification:
- A driver’s license or identification card issued to not lawfully present and temporarily lawfully present individuals under Part 5 of Article 2 of Title 42, C.R.S.
- Any document produced by Colorado’s statewide voter registration system.
Log Geekmail • - Accounts Gmail In Section 1-1-104(19.5), C.R.S., Secretary of State Rule 2.3
Revised September 12, 2018